How much sleep is required by kids in different age groups?
The amount of sleep required by children can vary depending on their age. Here's a general guideline for the recommended amount of sleep by age group:
- Newborns (0-3 months): 14-17 hours per day
- Infants (4-11 months): 12-15 hours per day
- Toddlers (1-2 years): 11-14 hours per day
- Preschoolers (3-5 years): 10-13 hours per day
- School-age children (6-13 years): 9-11 hours per day
- Teenagers (14-17 years): 8-10 hours per day
It's important to note that these are general guidelines, and individual children may require more or less sleep than the recommended amount.
Additionally, sleep needs can vary based on factors such as activity level, health, and stress levels. It's important to monitor your child's sleep and adjust their schedule as needed to ensure they are getting enough rest. A consistent sleep schedule and good sleep hygiene practices can also help promote healthy sleep habits.