How can peas be incorporated into a kid's diet?
Peas are a type of legume that are a great addition to a child's diet. They are a rich source of essential nutrients, including fiber, protein, vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate. These nutrients are important for supporting healthy growth and development in children, promoting digestion, boosting immunity, and promoting heart health.
Here are some ways that you can incorporate peas into your child's diet:
- As a side dish: Steamed or boiled peas are a simple and nutritious side dish for any meal.
- In pasta dishes: Peas can be added to pasta dishes, such as TruVitals Protein Pasta, spaghetti and meatballs or macaroni and cheese. You can mix the peas in with the sauce or add them as a topping.
- In soups: Peas are a great addition to soups, such as vegetable soup or chicken noodle soup. You can also puree cooked peas to make a creamy soup.
- In rice dishes: Peas can be added to rice dishes, such as fried rice. You can mix the peas in with the rice or add them as a topping.
- In salads: Peas can be added to salads, such as pasta salad or green salad. You can mix the peas in with the other ingredients or add them as a topping.
- As a snack: Peas can be a healthy and satisfying snack for kids. You can serve them fresh, frozen, or roasted.
- As a meal: Peas can be added to paratha’s along with other vegetables. Or can be made tikki/cutlet out of it.
When introducing peas to your child's diet, it's important to start with small amounts and gradually increase the serving size. You can also try different cooking methods and seasonings to see what your child prefers.
In conclusion, peas are a nutritious and versatile food that can be easily incorporated into a child's diet in a variety of ways. They are a great source of essential nutrients that support healthy growth and development, promote digestion, boost immunity, and promote heart health.
Also, check how you can incorporate peas into pasta