Foods that help in increasing breastmilk
Breastfeeding is a great way to provide essential nutrients and antibodies to your baby. However, many new mothers struggle with producing enough breast milk. Many of the foods that can help increase breast milk production ,here are some Indian foods that may help boost milk production:
- Daliya (Broken Wheat): Daliya is a nutritious breakfast option in India that is high in fiber, iron, and protein. It can also help increase milk production.
- Methi (Fenugreek): Methi seeds are commonly used in Indian cuisine and are known for their ability to increase milk production. They can be added to curries, dals, or made into a tea.
- Ghee: Ghee is a clarified butter that is commonly used in Indian cooking. It is a good source of healthy fats and can help increase milk production.
- Saunf (Fennel): Saunf seeds are commonly used in Indian cuisine as a digestive aid. They can also help increase milk production and can be consumed as a tea or added to dishes.
- Almonds: Almonds are a good source of protein and healthy fats and can help increase milk production. They can be soaked overnight and consumed in the morning.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are high in calcium, which is important for milk production. They can be added to dishes or consumed as a laddu (sweet).
- Oats: Oats are a great source of iron, which is essential for milk production. They also contain beta-glucan, a type of fiber that can increase prolactin levels in the body, which is a hormone responsible for milk production.
- Leafy greens: Leafy greens such as fenugreek leaves, spinach, amaranth leaves, and are a great source of calcium, which is important for milk production.
In conclusion, there are many foods that may help increase breast milk production, including daliya, methi, ghee, saunf, almonds, sesame seeds, oats, and leafy greens. However, it's important to remember that every woman's body is different, and what works for one woman may not work for another. A healthy and balanced diet, along with regular breastfeeding can also help maintain milk production.
Also, check out are only foods responsible for increasing breast milk?